1. Your project has entered in our festival. What is your project about?
UFO's is a song created by RA-SOOL. This video is based on a true story.
2. What are your ambitions with your project?
We wish to expose the music video and song to as many people as possible.
3. Tell us something about your shooting? What pleasantly surprised you?
We shot the video in New York City. Director Ronald Ried did a great job conceptualizing our ideas and bringing it to life. I co-directed the video and assisted with the creative vision. I was surprised by all the love and comments we have received on the video. It's already hit 1 million views which means people are sharing and talking about it.
4. For what group of spectators is your film targeted?
Hip Hop/R&B lovers, science fiction, conspiracy theory folks.
5. Why should distributors buy your film?
The video is already distributed through United Masters
6. How would you specify your work? What characterizes your film?
My work is specified as sci-fi hip hop and a creative vision towards unknown experiences. The characterization of the video is shown by the aliens and non typical abduction scenes. RA-SOOL was abducted in the astral realm and the aliens were not your typical small grey aliens, beautiful humanoid women. RA-SOOL is an artist that has different talents and sounds to contribute. This song and video in particular is similar to the new hip hop generations that like artist such as Juice World, Drake, Kayne West, xxxtentacion, Lil Uzi Vert, J. Cole, Tyler the Creator, Pop Smoke, Trippie Red, LeCrae, Chance the Rapper, etc.
7. Why did you decide to become a filmmaker? I've always loved music but I grew up in Brooklyn, Ny during the rise of Hip Hop and really loved the culture. I wanted to be a part of it somehow. My photography teacher in High School taught me how to shoot in black and white. Working in the dark rooms and learning about exposure and shooting, helped me realize my visual talents. So, putting the music and the love for photography together, I decided to pursue my career as a Music Video Director.
8. Who is your role model?
I look up to and respect all the early music video directors of the hip hop genre. I was lucky to intern with Lionel C. Martin. I learned a lot of hands on work. However, my idols are Director X, Hype Williams, Mike Myers, and Chris Robinson.
9. Which movies are your favorites? Why?
I love black and white movies such as Metropolis. Metropolis was a long movie and if my Trivia is correct took almost a year to shoot and develop. I respect the art and the message. I also love watching Martin Scorsese's "Goodfellas". I love a good gangsta movie.
10. Where do you look for inspiration for your films?
Photography magazines, pinterest, fashion, dreams, social media, etc. I pull from anything and everyone. I respect the universe.
11. Which topics interest you the most?
12. What do you consider your greatest achievement in your career?
Completing my degree and winning this festival.
13. What do you consider most important about filming?
Patience and respect for the art and cultures.
14. Which film technique of shooting do you consider the best?
Freestyle and handheld, I love grabbing the camera and shooting everything.
15. How would you rate/What is your opinion about current filmmaking?
I believe that filmmaking has evolved and appreciate all the techniques and equipment that technology has contributed to us.
16. What can disappoint you in a movie?
Failure to provide a theme and story.
17. Who supports you in your film career?
My family and close childhood friends.
18. What are the reactions to your film? (opinion of spectators, film
critics, friends and family).
Everyone is genuinely supportive and loves my work. I get a few spectators here and there but feedback is good.
19. Have you already visited any of the prestigious film festivals?
Yes, we visited the Cannes film festival in 2017. It was exhilarating.
20. What are your future plans in your filmmaking career?
My hope is to get signed with a major agency and work. The more opportunities I have to create, the happier my life will transcend.